Saturday, July 26, 2008

24 Weeks

My 24 week check up went good. My Dr. had to go into emergency surgery, so I had to see the MAN on call... luckily he was just measuring my belly, blood pressure and baby's heart beat! Most of our discussion hinged around round ligament pains that I had last week (thought my appendix was bursting at one point!) and soreness... apparently the baby is moving and kicking so much that my organs are getting bruised internally-- Tylenol seems to be the best answer. I asked him if this would go away when baby gets bigger when there won't be so much room in there to move around to which he replied coldly "No, it will probably get worse and stronger as baby builds more muscle." Thanks for those kind words, Doctor!

On a side note, I was on the phone with Tiffany the other night and noticed baby got the hick-ups! It is so fun to watch my belly move around and feel little hands and feet remind me of the life that we will soon get to enjoy!